BE SMART, EAT SMART



   BE SMART, EAT SMART



-Food Tales-




I wouldn’t try to drive my car without any gas, so, why would I make my body function without its fuel? Many people don’t realize the importance of breakfast; it really is the most important meal of our day! 

Breakfast -- described as the most important meal of the day, and rightfully so -- it not only provides important daily nutrients such as protein, fiber, calcium and carbohydrates, but it also helps improve school performance, allowing us students to do better on tests, according to the Food and Nutrition Service. As an added benefit, the group of students who increased breakfast participation also had decreased rates of tardiness and absences.

Capitol University, a non-sectarian, coeducational private university located in Cagayan de Oro City, offers an everyday nutritious and scrumptious breakfast for both students and faculties. The said food court of the university opens daily at 8 am to 5 pm from Monday-Saturday. Different Filipino dishes were made by different stalls inside the food court. The university also observed the proper  cleanliness and reasonable prices that could benefit both consumers and producers. 

But as a busy college student, there may seem like there is no time for me to have breakfast in the morning at home or even dining inside the university's food court; however, I realized breakfast can be as simple as grabbing a banana and eating it on my way to class. So, everyone should have time for breakfast!

As I clearly remember, I was totally exhausted and slept late since I was busy catching up with the deadline. And unfortunately, I woke up very late. My class should start at 7:30 am and I woke up at 7:10 am! I sprint out going to school and I ran as if as I was having a race with Usian Bolt, world's fastest man, just to get on time and to avoid the distress of our professor. Due to this awful experience, I skipped breakfast. And I thought, it was just simply "skipping breakfast" but I was completely wrong. It greatly affected my academic performance and behavioral patterns inside the classroom setting. The benefits of breakfast are just too good to pass up!

During an interview, I asked Cecilia, one of the worker in Manabat Eatery, about the choices of their dishes and how they prepare it. She said, “Sugod atong panghitabo na sunog sa CU, dili nami pwede mag luto dani sa kitchen sa CU. Dadto name ga luto sa among matag kusina sa balay. Pero gisiguro gihapon namo na parehas ra japun ug quality ang among pag kaon ug wala nag usab.” She also added that, “Kani among mga pag kaon, traditional Filipino food jud ni. Barato pero maka pabusog jud sa customer. Ang the best breakfast jud na permi paliton sa mga studyante kay  kaning hotdog, longanisa, boiled egg og rice. Ang uban pod mag bitbit nalang ug pan ug juice para dili sila ma late.” And when she was asked if it’s okay to skip breakfast,she replied, “No, dili jud na maayo. Sayo ga open ang food court para sa mga studyante nga wala nay time mo kaon ug prepare ug pamahaw sa ilang balay”.


College students are naturally busy. Between classes, sports, clubs, homework, a social life, and sleep, life can get crazy. I do admit that I have a problem of time management since I am used to procrastination. But since then, life is too short and I don’t want to make it shorter. That is why I am always reminded that every day I have to make choices about the food that ingest into my body.  It is my opinion that for reasons of comfort, cost and health, eating breakfast is very important. And I am so grateful that Capitol University, my humble school, provides food that helps each student to be a total person in the near future. Eating breakfast can never be a bothersome -- be smart and eat smart.





Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

CHOICE

SHARE THE LOVE 💖